February 27, 2015
Happy Friday, friends!
My 24 year old son is visiting from Washington, DC today! I can’t wait to show him this card…he is the ultimate “grown-up” kid- so smart and wise but enjoys life to the fullest and all his toys! His kids will have the best dad some day!
Here is the Etch A Sketch toy itself…
Of course, I CASED the card from a TON of them I saw online so all the credit goes to everyone else! Just google “Etch A Sketch” card, and you will see them. They are super easy to make with a sentimental “awe” when you finish making it. I used all the fun images from the SU Boys Will Be Boys stamp set. The Sentiment comes from the SU From the Herd stamp set.
- Make a landscape card from a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch Real Red Card card base and corner round the corners.
- Layer a 5 1/4″ x 4″ Smoky Slate panel on the front.
- Using the smaller rectangle from the Project Life Labels Framelits, cut a rectangular opening from the middle of a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Real Red cardstock creating a frame. Corner round the frame. *Save that die cut to frame something else or to use for the sentiment.
- Place the Real Red frame over a piece of 5 1/4″ x 4″ Vellum. Stamp images on the Vellum with Black Stazon ink. Let dry and adhere the Real Red panel over the vellum. Attach the vellum with the Real Red frame directly onto the card base.
- Punch two 3/4″ circles for the knobs and pop off the Real Red frame. You can stamp the sentiment directly on the top of the frame and heat emboss with gold but I popped it off just in case I messed up the stamping after I put the card together. I chose gold since the actual toy has gold on it.
- The inside is simply a corner rounded 5 1/4″ x 4″ panel of Smoky Slate- I like that the inside looks like an Etch-a-Sketch, too:) I did a card with a 5″ x 3 3/4″ inside as well that I liked better because it looked just like the front. But lo and behold, I took a photo of this one!
It is hard to see in the photo but the Vellum really looks like the screen on an Etch A Sketch as opposed to the inside Smoky Slate cardstock.
I made one with the SU From The Herd stamp set, too:
I have to say I just LOVE the Project Life Cards and Lables Framelits – Item #135707- so many thinlits to play with when framing an image or a sentiment. You can imagine the size of the larger rectangle when you see I used the smaller one on this card. And, for this card- it was perfect to have the rounded inside and outside corners for the frame:)
Hope this brought a little nostalgia to your day! And as always…
Thanks for buzzing by…
February 24, 2015
25% Discount on Selected Items February 24 through March 2
In my travels across BlogLand, I came across this “SIMPLY WONDERFUL” card
by Stampin’ Up Artisan, Inge Groot.
She used the SALE-A-BRATION stamp set called- SIMPLY WONDERFUL
( Item # 139128 Clear, Item # 139125 Wood)
I love the main focal sentiment image surrounded by the simple embellishments of leaves, a banner, and Naturals Thread. The Dictionary Background stamp is on my list to order today because of this card! Isn’t that envelope adorable, too?
Sometimes it’s easier to show someone how wonderful they are versus just telling them. The sentiments in the Simply Wonderful Stamp Set-phrases like: Thanks so very much, You’re the best, and Congrats- offer many opportunities to show your appreciation, love, admiration, and general regard for anyone in your life.
*Added bonus: This set coordinates with the Decorative Label and Extra-Large Oval Punches, just to name a few!
You can contact me at 724-323-2296, email@example.com or
ORDER ONLINE HERE.
February 22, 2015
Over the weekend, I made some special cards for some special people so I thought I would share one with you. I have to say that the SU Love is Kindness single stamp is one of my favorites! I was so happy each one of my brunch guests got one.
Here is an idea for you gals!
I used the new Pink Pirouette and Pear Pizzazz Blendies to color the tulips.
I love how easy it was to create a shadow around the image with the
new Soft Sky Blendabilities alcohol marker.
I glossed up the tulips with SU Crystal Effects ( let dry overnight) and gave a touch of glitter to the stems with a Gelly Roll pen. Some little pearls also dress up the image set on a Pink Pirouette panel embossed with the Filigree Frame EF (sniff, sniff- it’s retired.)
Thanks for buzzing by, friends…
February 19, 2015
Hey friends…I wanted to show you a couple of cards made with two
of the SALE-A-BRATION 2015 stamps sets:
#1 A Happy Thing and #2 Best Day Ever.
I made an easy CAS card with the lemon (or lime?) from the A Happy Thing set.
A added a few little details I think make this a cute little CAS card.
- First, I covered the entire card front with Confetti Celebration DSP.
- Next, I stamped one lemon, masked it, and stamped another.
- Coloring the image was a “streakless” breeze using the Medium Daffodil Delight (to match the Crushed Curry in the DSP) and the light Pear Pizzazz Blendabilities. Oh, another SAB freebie is the Daffodil Delight alcohol markers!
- Popping the image with SU Stampin’ Dimensionals and punching the top with the Spiral Border punch finished it off.
Here is a SU video demonstrating the MASKING technique:
I saved the best for last…
My friend, Debi LaFountaine, made a beautiful card with the SAB set, Best Day Ever.
I LOVE soooo many things about Debi’s card…
- the colors- Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky, and Blackberry Bliss!
- the Bermuda Bay sequins tied with Baker’s Twine.
- the bow made from the Park Lane DSP with the new Bow Punch.
- the “stamped” background using the little circles image from the set.
- the Ornate Tag Punch with the Blackberry Bliss CS accents.
- the silver embossed BEST.DAY.EVER with the scattered rhinestones.
- the inside with the sentiment and the washi tape.
Don’t forget to peek into your SALE-A-BRATION 2015 BROCHURE at these sets!
A $50 order = a FREE item! Yipee!
Thanks for buzzing by…
PUNCHES, PUNCHES, AND MORE PUNCHES ON THE WEEKLY DEALS!
Tuesday, February 17 through Monday, February 23…
DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE Discounted 3-month subscription to
PAPER PUMPKIN during the SALE-A-BRATION festivities!
What a great time to take PAPER PUMPKIN for a spin…and get a FREE item to boot!
You can shop my ONLINE STORE HERE
use the Current Hostess Code at the top
to be put into a drawing for a TREAT from me!