August 6, 2015
I am sure you have seen the cool Corner Fold or Corner Flip Fold cards out there…so many people have created beautiful cards using this technique. I set out to find out “who” originally made it but that was a chore…so credit goes to all the wonderful crafters- and there are a slew of them- who inspired me to make one. When perusing around the internet, I saw a lot of gorgeous floral cards and very few masculine or children’s card so I challenged myself to make one.
I wanted to share this card with the gang over at Stamp Ink Paper
for their Designer’s Choice Challenge # 8.
I used the SU No Bones About It stamp set with all of the 2014-16 In Colors- Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, and Tangelo Twist with Crumb Cake as my card base grunged up with the SU Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.
I doubled up on the Little Letters Thinlits RAWR to give a little extra texture…
I made a template to keep to remind me how to make this simple card.
Now, if it gets lost in the rubble…it will be on my blog:)
Score your 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ cardstock into portrait style at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- Place the Stampin’ Trimmer upside down with the sliding ruler on the left and the 1″ mark closest to you.
- Open the card and slide the front of the card in Portrait position (like if the card was closed but it is actually opened so you don’t cut through the back) over to the right side and line up with the 3″ mark on the Stampin’ Trimmer.
- Place the trimmer blade at the 2 1/2″ mark on the sliding ruler and cut upward to the 4 7/8″ mark.
- Now turn your card a quarter to the right so it is in the landscape position (again, like if it was closed but actually it is open so you don’t cut through two layers) and slide the right side over to the 3″ mark again.
- This time, place your trimmer blade on the 3″ mark and cut downward to the 5/8″ mark. (You will see that the 3″ mark lines up at the corner with the lower point of the cut you made previously ).
- Now you just push through the cut corner from the front and it will flip over.
- I found to keep the fold straight on the front, it was helpful to line up the flipped edge part with the fold line as a reference point. I then used my bone folder to press that part down near the fold first and then the lower one on the right side of the front of the card. Using a bone folder really finishes the folds nicely.
- The white stamped panel on the flip fold is a 2 1/2″ square. The Blackberry Bliss border is a 2 3/4″ square.
- The inside white panel is 3 3/4″ x 5″ bordered by a Blackberry Bliss panel cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
Ever see a stamp set and wonder…hmmm, will I use this?
That is what I thought about the SU No Bones About It set. Now, I can see a bunch of possibilities with it! Look at all the images you get- and you can put the skeleton inside the dinosaur images with ease because it is a photopolymer stamp set!
Can’t you just see this as a Valentine’s Day card with pink and red dinosaurs with the sentiment
“No Bones About It…You’re Great!”
I feel a card coming on…
8/10/15 Justin, thank you for picking my card as a winner this round!