February 27, 2015
Happy Friday, friends!
My 24 year old son is visiting from Washington, DC today! I can’t wait to show him this card…he is the ultimate “grown-up” kid- so smart and wise but enjoys life to the fullest and all his toys! His kids will have the best dad some day!
Here is the Etch A Sketch toy itself…
Of course, I CASED the card from a TON of them I saw online so all the credit goes to everyone else! Just google “Etch A Sketch” card, and you will see them. They are super easy to make with a sentimental “awe” when you finish making it. I used all the fun images from the SU Boys Will Be Boys stamp set. The Sentiment comes from the SU From the Herd stamp set.
- Make a landscape card from a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch Real Red Card card base and corner round the corners.
- Layer a 5 1/4″ x 4″ Smoky Slate panel on the front.
- Using the smaller rectangle from the Project Life Labels Framelits, cut a rectangular opening from the middle of a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Real Red cardstock creating a frame. Corner round the frame. *Save that die cut to frame something else or to use for the sentiment.
- Place the Real Red frame over a piece of 5 1/4″ x 4″ Vellum. Stamp images on the Vellum with Black Stazon ink. Let dry and adhere the Real Red panel over the vellum. Attach the vellum with the Real Red frame directly onto the card base.
- Punch two 3/4″ circles for the knobs and pop off the Real Red frame. You can stamp the sentiment directly on the top of the frame and heat emboss with gold but I popped it off just in case I messed up the stamping after I put the card together. I chose gold since the actual toy has gold on it.
- The inside is simply a corner rounded 5 1/4″ x 4″ panel of Smoky Slate- I like that the inside looks like an Etch-a-Sketch, too:) I did a card with a 5″ x 3 3/4″ inside as well that I liked better because it looked just like the front. But lo and behold, I took a photo of this one!
It is hard to see in the photo but the Vellum really looks like the screen on an Etch A Sketch as opposed to the inside Smoky Slate cardstock.
I made one with the SU From The Herd stamp set, too:
I have to say I just LOVE the Project Life Cards and Lables Framelits – Item #135707- so many thinlits to play with when framing an image or a sentiment. You can imagine the size of the larger rectangle when you see I used the smaller one on this card. And, for this card- it was perfect to have the rounded inside and outside corners for the frame:)
Hope this brought a little nostalgia to your day! And as always…
Thanks for buzzing by…