March 13, 2017
We made this card at our Dragonfly Dreams Product Class this month.
It uses an inlay technique.
- First, I stamped the three blue swoshes from the Work of Art stamp set in Soft Sky, Marina Mist, and Dapper Denim ink on Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- I then die cut the string of dragonflies out of that stamped panel and set it aside.
- I then die cut two more strings of dragonflies from two more pieces of Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- I adhered the stamped panel with the “hole” left from the dragonflies to a same sized piece of Whisper White cardstock to close up the “hole.”
- Next, I inlaid one of the whites strings of dragonflies into the “hole” using dabs of Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- I layered another white string of dragonflies onto the first white inlaid string.
- Then I finished off the technique by adhering the die cut blue dragonflies on top of the two white strings of white dragonflies.
It has a neat layered effect on the card. I hope you can see it here:
It is hard to see but I added Clear Wink of Stella to the swooshes and a few scattered rhinestones.
A few stamps of the dots on the top and bottom finish off the inside of the card:)
So VERY Cool Cindy – Love this technique. I’ll definitely have to give it a try. The Wink of Stella adds so much!
Love your card and this technique too. Very pretty.