I just love black and white as a design element and adding in a pop of any color just makes me happy! Adding in red is even better!
I was playing around with my SU Floral Frames Bundle and came up with this:
Simply stamp the foliage image and run it through the Big Shot with the NEW Tufted Embossing Folder. Stamp some posies with the returning color Poppy Parade ink and pop them up with some stamping dimensionals. Oh, and I used the Layering Circles to accent the sentiment.
The leaves could have been colored in any of our great greens but I chose to keep in simple with just the three colors. I love the Poppy Parade color- such a lovely bright red so different from Real Red which is one of my faves. Red is an important color to have on hand and having two beautiful Stampin’ Up reds is super!
I just used a marker to dot in the middle of the flowers to mimic the front.
Thanks for buzzing by, friends…
Press any of the product images below, and you are taken to my online store 24/7. Or you can visit HERE. Contact me at email@example.com or call/text at 724-323-2296 if you have any questions:)
I also love the Subtle Embossing Folder, it is like I have a whole new kind of paper made from my cardstock. It looks wonderful as an embossed layer, and it looks really cool when you run through a stamped panel using the folder!
Mossy Meadow Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ on the 8-1/2″ side,
Mossy Meadow Foliage Frame: 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
Very Vanilla: Inside 4″ x 5-1/4″, sentiment 2″ x 4″ circle and scallop
Petal Pink: outside panel 4″ x 5-1/4″, label 2″ x 3″
Petal Promenade DSP: 2″ x 5-1/4″
Gold Glimmer:1-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
Vellum: 2-1/8″ x 5-1/2″
How many of you took notice of the BEAUTIFUL bird on page 169 of the Annual Catalog?
Isn’t it just so calming and peaceful? Perfect image for so many occasions and
for The Paper Papers Challenge # 398– Birds!
I could not wait to get it and try the watercoloring technique that SU explains on that page. I did watercolor it but I am still working on it. Want to see some gorgeous watercoloring painting? Check out my friend, Jodi McKinney’s blog at theLifeInBetween.me. She is a lovely person to follow:)
I will have to channel my inner Jodi and finish it up! Instead of watercoloring, I pulled out my favorite tools- my stampin’ blends! I am not a great shader etc. but I feel like an artist when I use my alcohol markers that perfectly match my SU cardstock, dsp, and inks. No having to buy tons of different shades of other brand markers to find a match with my SU stuff! So glad I never got into that- I would have bought so many markers!!! Instead, I just play with my stampin’ blends knowing that they fit my needs:)
To those who fought (and continue to fight), to those who risked (and continue to risk), and to those who gave their lives (and continue to give their service) for us as a country…I say, “You are Wonderful! May you celebrated this Memorial Day!”
Here is a video showing how to do Triple Time Stamping:
You can use any stamp set!
The dimensions for the stamped panels and the bordered cardstock on the Rooted in Nature Card above are as follows:
Very Vanilla (VV) to bordered colored cardstock (Cajun Craze on this card).
2″ x 3-¼” VV to 2-¼” x 3-½” CC
3″ x 4-¼” VV to 3-¼” x 4 ½” CC
4″ x 5¼” VV to 5 1/2” x 8 ½” (CC folded card at 4-1/4″ on the 8-1/2″ side) Inside VV 4″ x 5-¼”
1. Place a small dab of SU Two-way glue in the center of each Very Vanilla (VV) cardstock (CS) and let dry so it becomes tacky. You can also use a bit of repositionable tape, just remember you will be taking each piece apart in the end.
2. Using the tackiness of the glue or repositionable tape, center the smallest VV CS on the medium sized VV CS. Then center the medium-sized one onto the largest VV CS.
3. Firmly stamp the leaf images in Cajun Craze, Blackberry Bliss, and Garden Green inks over all three VV CS pieces that are tacked together. You will notice a break in the image around where the papers end but this will be covered up once you mount it on the Cajun Craze base that goes between each VV stamped piece.
4. Carefully separate the three VV CS pieces and mount the largest one on the Cajun card base.
5. Place the medium sized VV CS onto its corresponding Cajun Craze border and mount to the card base with the stamped leaf images matching up.
6. Mount the smallest VV CS stamped image onto the Cajun Craze Cardstock.
7. Mount the smallest bordered image onto the medium-sized bordered image and add the banner. Very Vanilla banner is 1-¼” x 4″ stamped and punched with the Triple Banner Punch. The Garden Green banner border is 1-½” x 4″. Trim as needed.