This week’s challenge at The Friday Mashup # 115 is to use the Triple Time Stamping technique. Last fall, my stamping gals made a card similar to this with a lot of different colors and images. I think the technique is really cool but can get too busy very easily so I decided to keep it CAS. I did not mash it up with their colors but did use the Dynamic Duos # 58 colors which just kept telling me….FALL which made me think of THANKSGIVING. Though, I would like summer to just slow down a bit…
STAMPS: SU Wonderfall, SU All Year Cheer II (retired)
INK: SU Tangerine Tango, SU Cajun Craze, SU Chocolate Chip
PAPER: SU Chocolate Chip, SU Very Vanilla
ACCESSORIES: SU Tangerine Tango and SU Cajun Craze Designer Buttons, random Tangerine Baker’s Twine
Triple Time Stamping Instructions using SU Wonderfall
The dimensions for the Cardstock are as follows:
Very Vanilla to Chocolate Chip
2″ x 3 ¼ ” to 2 1/4 ” x 3 ½ ”
3″ x 4 ¼ ” to 3 1/4” x 4 ½ ”
4″ x 5 ¼ ” to 5 1/2” x 8 ½ ” (folded card)
1. Place a small dab of SU Two-way glue in the center of each Very Vanilla (VV) cardstock (CS) and let dry so it becomes tacky. You can also use repositionable tape, just remember you will be taking each piece apart in the end.
2. Using the tackiness or repositionable tape, center the smallest VV CS on the medium sized VV CS. Then center the medium-sized one onto the largest VV CS.
3. Looking at the sample: Stamp Happy Thanksgiving on lower right hand corner of center smallest VV CS. *tip: use Stamp-a-ma-jig to center.
4. Firmly stamp the leaves in Cajun Craze and Tangerine Tango inks over all three VV CS pieces that are tacked together. You will notice a break in the image around where the papers end but this will be covered up once you mount it on the Chocolate Chip base that goes between each VV stamped piece.
5. Carefully separate the three VV CS pieces and mount the largest one on the Chocolate Chip card base.
6. Place the medium sized VV CS onto its corresponding Chocolate Chip border and mount to the card base with the stamped leaves matching up.
7. Mount the smallest VV CS stamped image onto the Chocolate Chip CS and add the embellishment of two buttons and baker’s twine.
8. Mount the smallest bordered image with the embellishments onto the medium-sized bordered image.