November 15, 2016
I pulled out an oldie but goodie technique called Triple Time Stamping that I thought would be fun to do with the SU Paisleys and Posies Bundle. I used some trendy colors- Emerald Envy, Delightful Dijon, and Rich Razzleberry with Very Vanilla as a neutral card base.
When I was looking for the measurements for this card, I checked way back to a post from June 2013 when I did a card with the retired SU Wonderfall stamp set. It was quite simple when we did it at class but I remember how impressed my class and I were with the technique. And, I have to say, just last month, we were all still impressed with the technique! Here is the card from 2013:
So, how do you make one yourself? Here is a tutorial:
Triple Time Stamping Instructions for an A2 sized card-
You can use any stamp set!
The dimensions for the stamped and bordered cardstock on the Paisleys and Posies Card above are as follows:
Very Vanilla (VV) to bordered colored cardstock (Emerald Envy on this card).
2″ x 3 ¼ ” to 2 1/4 ” x 3 ½ ”
3″ x 4 ¼ ” to 3 1/4” x 4 ½ ”
4″ x 5 ¼ ” to 5 1/2” x 8 ½ ” (folded card)
1. Place a small dab of SU Two-way glue in the center of each Very Vanilla (VV) cardstock (CS) and let dry so it becomes tacky. You can also use a bit of repositionable tape, just remember you will be taking each piece apart in the end.
2. Using the tackiness of the glue or repositionable tape, center the smallest VV CS on the medium sized VV CS. Then center the medium-sized one onto the largest VV CS.
3. Firmly stamp the Paisley images in Emerald Envy, Rich Razzleberry, and Delightful Dijon inks over all three VV CS pieces that are tacked together. You will notice a break in the image around where the papers end but this will be covered up once you mount it on the Emerald Envy base that goes between each VV stamped piece.
4. Carefully separate the three VV CS pieces and mount the largest one on the Emerald Envy card base.
5. Place the medium sized VV CS onto its corresponding Emerald Envy border and mount to the card base with the stamped Paisley images matching up.
6. Mount the smallest VV CS stamped image onto theEmerald Envy CS.
7. Mount the smallest bordered image onto the medium-sized bordered image and add the die cut flourish with a metal rimmed pearl.
If you have not tried triple-time stamping, I encourage you to do one- it still WOWs me!