I have been playing with my SU Festive Flurry Stamp set a lot and even used in the last two months for my classes but have not posted many things showcasing it so I decided it was up to bat for Dynamic Duos # 83 this week.
It’s a Subtles challenge but boy is Marina Mist a statement color in my opinion. I used my Envelope Punch Board to create this Gift Card Holder… or Gift Certificate in this case.
To make the holder:
1. Start with a 4 1/4 inch by 11 inch piece of cardstock and score on the long side at 2 inches, 7 1/4 inches, and 7 3/8 inches.
2. Place the short end of the longest part that you scored on the Envelope Punch Board and punch (no scoring) at 1 inch and 3 1/4 inches. Essentially you are punching in 1 inch on each side.
3. Fold in on the score lines. The 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 inch scores create somewhat of a matchbox fold.
4. You can fold the tabs in either way. I chose to have the middle tab out but many images I saw of this kind of card have the middle tab tucked in.
5. Decorate as desired…I simply put bordered DSP in about 1/4 inch on each Crumb Cake panel.
So so COOL!!!
Cindy–your design, along with these two colors, is AB-solutely beautiful!
Thank you, Sally. Glad you liked it. I made the card and did not finish the inside. Then, I needed a gift certificate holder and finished the inside!
Thanks, Tenia for stopping by…fun card to make!
Practical and oh-so-pretty! A lovely way to dress up a GC.
Thanks, Caroline- I love gift cards and this is a good way to give one to show you put thought into it:)
What a wonderful idea! I love this. I’ve yet to use my punch board but this may make me pull it out! Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks, Angel. The punch board is a versatile thing to have around- so many things to try to make with it!
This is soo great! What a nifty idea and it looks gorgeous as well. Nice work. TFS
Thanks, Janelle- you always make me smile;)
Stunning & clever–love it!
Thank you, Greta. I loved your DD submission, too!
This gift certificate /gift card holder is fantastic!! Love the colors and all of the details! Thanks for the measurements as well- I will definitely have to give this a try 🙂
Thanks so much, Julie! It is so very easy to make- and you can decorate as you like…
Cindy, such a cute gift card! I love everything about it! The pearls really make it stand out. Lovely! 🙂