January 15, 2017
Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #81 has a Black and White with a Pop of Color theme!
I thought this card was perfect for this challenge:
But how did I do this you may be asking yourself?
First, I was inspired by a few different cards online that have masked the woman images
from the SU Beautiful You stamp set with other SU stamp sets especially one by Linda Geater.
Here are the steps I went through to make this card:
1. Stamp the woman image on scratch paper and cut it out.
2. Apply some temporary adhesive on the mask so it can be easily lifted later.
Place the mask on the 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
3. Stamp the street scene image from the SU Mediterranean Moments stamp set over the mask.
It will look like this after you stamp the scene.
4. Carefully lift the mask to leave a white space.
5. Stamp the woman image in the white space.
This is what you will have after you stamp in the white space.
6. Stamp the woman image on Designer Paper and cut out the dress and umbrella.
7. Adhere the dress on the woman and pop up the umbrella with dimensionals.
Again, here is your finished card after adhering the white panel
on a 4″ x 5-1/4″ black panel that is adhered to a Flirty Flamingo card base.
A little stamping on the inside, too.
You can even make her wear a sundress like my friend, Amanda McCann,
did at class by cutting the arms off the dress- a happy accident that is so cute!
Thanks for buzzing by, friends…