What a fun challenge Liliana has over at The Friday Mashup # 116 this week. I have not MASKED something in years…and even then, I only did one card in all of my card making history! I mashed it up by creating a “beach-y” scene. I simply masked off each area- the sand, the water, and the sun/sky and sponged each area with a mix of colors listed below.
STAMPS: SU Loving Thoughts, StampScapes Reeds and Birds in V Formation
INK: SU Baja Breeze/Pool Party, SU Daffodil Delight/Tangerine Tango, SU More Mustard/SU Creamy Caramel, SU Soft Suede
PAPER: SU Soft Suede, SU Whisper White, SU Pool Party
ACCESSORIES: random brads
TOOLS: SU Oval Framelits, SU Stamp-a-ma-Jig (my best friend!)
My first thought was FREEdom when I saw CASology # 50. Whenever I see my Grandpa or servicemen and women, I am reminded that they should be on my mind daily. As the Fourth of July approaches with fireworks celebrating our country’s freedom, may we not forget those who made and continue to make it the free country that it is today.
STAMPS: Stampendous Friework Trio, PTI Iconic Images
INK: SU Brilliant Blue (retired), SU Real Red
ACCESSORIES/TOOLS: SU Stripes EF, random Baker’s Twine
This week’s challenge at The Friday Mashup # 115 is to use the Triple Time Stamping technique. Last fall, my stamping gals made a card similar to this with a lot of different colors and images. I think the technique is really cool but can get too busy very easily so I decided to keep it CAS. I did not mash it up with their colors but did use the Dynamic Duos # 58 colors which just kept telling me….FALL which made me think of THANKSGIVING. Though, I would like summer to just slow down a bit…
STAMPS: SU Wonderfall, SU All Year Cheer II (retired)
INK: SU Tangerine Tango, SU Cajun Craze, SU Chocolate Chip
PAPER: SU Chocolate Chip, SU Very Vanilla
ACCESSORIES: SU Tangerine Tango and SU Cajun Craze Designer Buttons, random Tangerine Baker’s Twine
Triple Time Stamping Instructions using SU Wonderfall
The dimensions for the Cardstock are as follows:
Very Vanilla to Chocolate Chip
2″ x 3 ¼ ” to 2 1/4 ” x 3 ½ ”
3″ x 4 ¼ ” to 3 1/4” x 4 ½ ”
4″ x 5 ¼ ” to 5 1/2” x 8 ½ ” (folded card)
1. Place a small dab of SU Two-way glue in the center of each Very Vanilla (VV) cardstock (CS) and let dry so it becomes tacky. You can also use repositionable tape, just remember you will be taking each piece apart in the end.
2. Using the tackiness or repositionable tape, center the smallest VV CS on the medium sized VV CS. Then center the medium-sized one onto the largest VV CS.
3. Looking at the sample: Stamp Happy Thanksgiving on lower right hand corner of center smallest VV CS. *tip: use Stamp-a-ma-jig to center.
4. Firmly stamp the leaves in Cajun Craze and Tangerine Tango inks over all three VV CS pieces that are tacked together. You will notice a break in the image around where the papers end but this will be covered up once you mount it on the Chocolate Chip base that goes between each VV stamped piece.
5. Carefully separate the three VV CS pieces and mount the largest one on the Chocolate Chip card base.
6. Place the medium sized VV CS onto its corresponding Chocolate Chip border and mount to the card base with the stamped leaves matching up.
7. Mount the smallest VV CS stamped image onto the Chocolate Chip CS and add the embellishment of two buttons and baker’s twine.
8. Mount the smallest bordered image with the embellishments onto the medium-sized bordered image.
I used my first piece of DSP from the new SU catalog today! Do you ever find yourself reluctant to cut into DSP because it is so pretty? I really like a lot of the prints in the Gingham Garden especially the Island Indigo. I paired it up with the SU Secret Garden stamp set and a sentiment from Simply Sketched (again, love it!). I used The Paper Players # 151 sketch to lay out the card. Hope you enjoy the deep, bright colors;)
STAMPS: SU Secret Garden, SU Simply SKetched (hostess set)
PAPER: SU Island Indigo, SU Whisper White, SU Gingham Garden DSP
INK: SU Island Indigo, SU Melon Mambo, SU Lucky Limeade (retired)
ACCESSORIES: SU Pearls
TOOLS: SU Apothecary Framelits, SU Adorning Accents Edgelits, SU Secret Garden Framelits, SU Stampin’ Dimensionals
Played around making a card tonight when I should have been working on my Convention Swaps…but I had a lot of fun with some Washi tape I had found in my stash so that’s what really matters, right? I think I picked this tape up during a Christmas sale this past year- it’s so colorful! I can’t wait to get my SU Washi tape in my next order! I ran a piece of Very Vanilla CS that put the Washi tape on through my Big Shot with my Scallop die cutting the neat scallops. Just remember whatever color CS you put under your semi-translucent tape shows through so I used Very Vanilla as the “white” space on this CAS card. I used Cindy’s neat sketch at Freshly Made Sketches # 91 as my starting point but remembered how Marion Vagg’s card over at the Muse Card Club # 22 this week featured a large banner with a bold sentiment so I made a bigger banner than I first intended with a thick sentiment on this card.
I am still learning how to take better photos but here are two with some different lighting and angles:
STAMPS: SU Oh, Hello
INK: SU Basic Black
PAPER: SU Basic Black, SU Real Red, SU Pool Party, SU Very Vanilla
TOOLS: SU Chevron EF, SU Large Scallop Edgelit Die
ACCESSORIES: SU Neutrals Brads- black
Here is Marion’s card: