August 6, 2015
I am sure you have seen the cool Corner Fold or Corner Flip Fold cards out there…so many people have created beautiful cards using this technique. I set out to find out “who” originally made it but that was a chore…so credit goes to all the wonderful crafters- and there are a slew of them- who inspired me to make one. When perusing around the internet, I saw a lot of gorgeous floral cards and very few masculine or children’s card so I challenged myself to make one.
I wanted to share this card with the gang over at Stamp Ink Paper
for their Designer’s Choice Challenge # 8.
I used the SU No Bones About It stamp set with all of the 2014-16 In Colors- Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, and Tangelo Twist with Crumb Cake as my card base grunged up with the SU Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.
I doubled up on the Little Letters Thinlits RAWR to give a little extra texture…
I made a template to keep to remind me how to make this simple card.
Now, if it gets lost in the rubble…it will be on my blog:)
Score your 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ cardstock into portrait style at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- Place the Stampin’ Trimmer upside down with the sliding ruler on the left and the 1″ mark closest to you.
- Open the card and slide the front of the card over to the right side and line up with the 3″ mark on the Stampin’ Trimmer.
- Place the trimmer blade at the 2 1/2″ mark on the sliding ruler and cut upward to the 4 7/8″ mark.
- Now turn your card a quarter to the right so it is in the landscape position and slide the right side over to the 3″ mark again.
- This time, place your trimmer blade on the 3″ mark and cut downward to the 5/8″ mark. (You will see that the 3″ mark lines up at the corner with the lower point of the cut you made previously ).
- Now you just push through the cut corner from the front and it will flip over.
- I found to keep the fold straight on the front, it was helpful to line up the flipped edge part with the fold line as a reference point. I then used my bone folder to press that part down near the fold first and then the lower one on the right side of the front of the card. Using a bone folder really finishes the folds nicely.
- The white stamped panel on the flip fold is a 2 1/2″ square. The Blackberry Bliss border is a 2 3/4″ square.
- The inside white panel is 3 3/4″ x 5″ bordered by a Blackberry Bliss panel cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
Ever see a stamp set and wonder…hmmm, will I use this?
That is what I thought about the SU No Bones About It set. Now, I can see a bunch of possibilities with it! Look at all the images you get- and you can put the skeleton inside the dinosaur images with ease because it is a photopolymer stamp set!
Can’t you just see this as a Valentine’s Day card with pink and red dinosaurs with the sentiment
“No Bones About It…You’re Great!”
I feel a card coming on…
8/10/15 Justin, thank you for picking my card as a winner this round!